IMG_7851.JPG

Plan Your Visit

IMG_9370.JPG

Wing Fort House

Built in 1641, this house was traditionally called the Fort House because of its possible use as a refuge from Indian attack. In 1646 it became the home of Stephen Wing, one of the early settlers of Sandwich, son of the Reverend John Wing and Deborah Bachelor.

It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
 

12339436_10153145968531971_6908111188691

The History Center serves as a museum with rotating exhibits, a meeting space for cousins, a research center, and an office for the curator. Opened in 2017, this center strives to share the Wing history.

Wing Memorial History Center

Hours of Operation

The Wing Fort House will be open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays 10 am - 2 pm beginning June 24, 2021. Tours are $ per person - CASH ONLY.

WFA members are also able to schedule tours outside these times by emailing WFA President, Doug Cutchin at dlcutchin@gmail.com

Virtual Tour of the Fort House

Contact Our Curator,  Jim Grasela